The ParkNYC system works by motorists creating a prefunded account from which individual parking sessions are deducted, instead of getting individual charges to your credit card per transaction. The wallet functions similarly to the E-Z Pass system. Motorists are given the option to fund, using a Credit/Debit card, a minimum of $25.00 up to a maximum of $150.00. Commercial Fleet Operators can prefund accounts in larger increments, a minimum of $50.00 up to a maximum of $500.00. Buses can prefund accounts with a minimum of $500 up to a maximum of $1000. When your account balance reaches zero, your account will automatically be replenished, using your selected method of payment.
Articles in this section
- How much does it cost to use ParkNYC?
- The App isn't working or crashing? What should I do?
- What is the ParkNYC Wallet?
- Am I charged for text messages that I receive from ParkNYC?
- Are there additional charges beside the parking rate?
- Can I use different phones for the same vehicle?
- Can I use the system if I have a temporary or dealer tag?
- Do I have to sign up for text messages or notification to park?
- How can I access my parking history? How do I get receipts?
- How do I get a refund?